Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Steam Punk Ball Jointed Doll - Update

With everything going on there was no way I would be able to finish this sweet doll before the contest ended but I am going to finish her.

Here she is with her "wig cap" drying. She is not happy right now but soon she will have lovely red hair and that will make her very happy. I may do another wig just for fun and give her sassy blonde hair. I figure since I am going to all the trouble of making a wig instead of gluing the hair directly to her head, I may as well make 2 wigs - because I can!



Here are some of the fabrics I found. I don't know if I will be using any or all of them on her but I am really excited to get her costume done. I also have a box full of leather, lots of gears, watch and clock parts and fabulous other metal embellishments to use to create her Steam Punk outfit.


Once I finish her costume I will be going back and redoing her left arm, her hands and her feet. Her left shoulder joint is off so her arm sticks our at a weird angle, her hands are too big and her feet are too small. That is part of the beauty of the Ball Jointed Doll. I can fix those issues without destroying the doll. I can give her more expressive hands, change her hair, arms, legs, hands, feet... I can continue to work on improving this doll - forever! I won't, but I can :0)

The nice thing about that plan is that I will be making a removable costume which takes me back to my cloth doll roots. I used to make cloth dolls with lots of different outfits for my daughter. She was nowhere near as fascinated as I was with dolls...sigh!

I'll post more about her once her hair is done.

1 comment: