Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

2017 Polymer Clay Challenge Update



It's been a fun and crazy year so far. A lot has happened on the home front, some good, some not so good but I have still been sculpting away. I think next year for the Polymer Clay Challenge I will be working on making dolls out of all of these heads. I am getting quite a collection of heads in my studio. Some a fantastic, some are interesting and some are odd, all of them are mine and I am happy with each of them. Every head that I create teaches me something.

I made the eyes for each of the following heads using a technique developed by Apryl Jensen of Makingfairies.com. She is a very talented artist and the tutorial for Luminescent Eyes is free with a $30 purchase on her website. Here is a link to her tutorial page.

Here are some of the heads that I completed for the #2017PCChallenge that I have not posted yet:


Lush lips. Green Eyes. I'm thinking red hair! I may have to add some more to the lower part of the face to balance out those lips but we shall see once I start playing with hair. She doesn't look as odd in person, the angle of the picture makes here look stranger than she is!

Love those lavender eyes! I'm very please with this one. Not sure who she is yet but I am sure she will let me know soon. 

This is a happy elf. He came together pretty quick. 

Another happy elf. This one will be getting more freckles. This sweet elf was born while I waiting for my husband to get our of surgery last week. She is smirking, maybe because I was spread out on the table in the surgery waiting room playing with clay while all the other people were sitting quietly, reading or watching TV. I got some odd stares but sculpting soothes me so I didn't care! 

3 comments:

  1. I hope your hubby is ok!
    I love all these faces! The lavender eyes one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the smirk the best, she knew things would turn out fine.
    Chris =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby is doing great. :0) I think smirk may have to be her name and she will need to be a mischievous elf or fairy. It just fits!

    ReplyDelete